Copyright © 2020 Hmart. All Rights Reserved.
Chef Dale Talde at Goosefeather : Roasted Lobster, Brown Butter Kimchi, Kim / 브라운 버터 김치 랍스터
Yes, there’s kimchi in there! Believe it or not, the brown butter and its nuttiness
bring together the two main ingredients for this recipe, giving this dish a special kick.
Check out this lobster and kimchi combo infused with brown butter!
“Your point of view in cooking is the most important thing that you have.”
Roasted Lobster, Brown Butter Kimchi, Kim / 브라운 버터 김치 랍스터
6 tbsp Butter
2 cloves Garlic
1 knob Ginger
1 tsp Korean Chili Flake
½ cup Kimchi
3 stalks Scallion
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
½ cup Chicken Stock
1. Par steam lobster for 8 minutes. Cut the lobster in half and crack the claws and knuckles.
Coat the lobster in corn starch and twice cook this in a pan with oil. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, add the butter and bring to medium heat. Brown butter for 5-6 minutes.
Then, add garlic and ginger and toast for a few seconds.
3. Add chili flakes and kimchi and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add your scallions,
fish sauce and chicken stock and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Throw in the lobster and mix well with the sauce. Add zests of lemon and lemon juice.
5. Serve with warm white rice and kim.