Copyright © 2020 Hmart. All Rights Reserved.
Fresh kimchi in a flash / 배추겉절이
It’s kimchi harvest season. But need it fast? In 30minutes, enjoy crunchy, fresh kimchi in a snap. Quick, to satisfy your cravings instantly.
Ingredients (serving 6)
1 Napa cabbage
3tbsp Flake sea salt
1/2cup Cold water
1.5tsp Sweet rice flour
Seasoning: 1tbsp sugar, 1tbsp minced garlic, 1/2tsp minced ginger, 4tbsp red pepper flakes, 2tbsp fish sauce, 1/2tsp sesame seeds
1. Cut cabbage leaves diagonally once and lengthwise once or twice into strips. Put them into a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle the salt over and toss the cabbage to spread the salt evenly on the leaves. You can add 1/2cup water to salt it faster. Leave for 20 minutes, toss once after 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, mix all the seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
4. When cabbage got soften, rinse in cold water.
5. Mix 1/2cup of water and sweet rice flour on a pan and turn on the heat to low, keep stirring until it’s thicken. Cool it down.
6. Cut scallion into 2inch long. Put cabbage, scallion, seasoning, rice flour porridge into a mixing bowl and mix them well. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with cooked rice or bossam! It’s a perfect kimchi recipe for one big meal side dish or when you want to eat it as fresh!