Copyright © 2020 Hmart. All Rights Reserved.
Honey Miso Cod Cake / 허니미소 대구생선까스
Japanese-inspired restaurant cod recipe made in comfort at home. Why order it? Make it.
Ingredients (serving 4)
4 tbsp white miso
3 tbsp liquid honey
1/3 cup sake
1/3 cup mirin
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1.5 lbs fillet of cod, cut into 4oz pieces (can substitute another white fish like haddock or pollock, or salmon)
Handful of green onions, finely chopped
Handful of parsley, finely chopped (optional)
1 egg white
About 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs
Sauce: 1/2 cup mayonnaise, Juice of half an orange, Juice of half a lime, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp white sugar
Garnish: Lime, baby bok-choy, green peas
1. In a small saucepan, bring the sake and mirin to a boil. Add miso paste and honey, and quickly whisk until dissolved. Remove pan from heat and stir in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Leave to cool.
2. Pour cooled miso mixture into a large plastic Ziploc bag. Add fish to the bag, massage to cover all pieces in the marinade, then squeeze the air out, seal, and marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
3. When you're ready to cook the fish, preheat the oven to 475°F. Place marinated fish on a lightly-oiled baking pan or casserole. Bake for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove fish from baking pan and let it cool while you make the sauce
4. To make sauce, add mayo, salt, and sugar to a bowl. Combine orange and lime juice, then add about half of the mixed juice to the mayo. Stir until well-mixed.
5. In a medium bowl, mix fish, green onions, and egg white. Add about 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs and mix well. Add more panko if necessary until the mixture has enough structure that you can form it into a solid patty, about 3 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
6. Shape the rest of the mixture into patties of similar size, then gently roll them in more panko so that all sides are covered. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry patties on each side for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with citrus sauce drizzled on top or on the side. Serve with steamed baby bok-choy or green peas.