Smart card policy
H Mart Smart Savings Card Terms & Conditions
H Mart Smart Savings Card Registration & Operation
- Anyone residing in the U.S. over the age of 18 is eligible to apply, only one card per household.
- In order to receive all the benefits of the Smart Savings Card, accurate information needs to be submitted. However, there are no disadvantages for submitting inaccurate information to the company.
- Registration is absolutely free with no annual fees.
- This card can be used to receive special benefits, but it does not carry any cash value.
- This card applies to all Smart Savings Card program participating H Mart locations.
- Points accumulated on the Smart Savings Card are only redeemable for H Mart conversions.
- Points cannot be transferred, and only the card owner may be eligible to use the card. H Mart will reissue the card only when it is lost.
- When the Smart Savings card is not used for more than 3 years (inactivity of the account), any remaining points will expire and account will be automatically withdrawn.
- Customer information will be kept on record for 1 year after withdrawal.
- Points added to the Card will reflect the amount of purchase excluding tax. For every $1.00 spent at H Mart, 1 point will be added to the Smart Savings Card. (H Mart Gift Certificate purchases are excluded from point accumulation.)
- The customer must present their Smart Savings Card at the time of purchase in order to have their points added to the card.
- If the Smart Savings Card is not present at the time of purchase, points can still be accumulated by bringing the card and receipt to the customer service center within 30 days of your purchase.
- Purchases from Wholesale or any of the Tenant Shops within H Mart are excluded from point accumulation.
- Point adjustments for returns or exchanges will be made automatically.
- Points will be added to the Smart Savings Card account within 1 or 2 business days.
- Points will be added regardless of payment type (Cash, Credit, Debit, & Gift Certificate) – excludes Reward Certificate purchases.
- Starting at March 1st, 2013, Smart Savings card may not be combined with any other special membership cards.
- H Mart Smart Card members will receive coupon books.
Point Use & Benefits
- Please be sure Point redemption will be available every 1,000 points. Points can be checked on the bottom of receipt, H Mart website or the Customer Service Center in any H Mart participating in the Smart Savings Card program.
- After accumulating 1,000 points, the customer will be able to redeem their points at the store for a $10 smartcard reward certificate.
- The voucher can be exchanged for a $10 gift certificate at the Customer Service Center with a valid photo ID.
- H Mart Smart Savings Card members can enjoy special sale events and coupons that are offered exclusively to the card holders.
- In order to receive all of the benefits, Smart Savings Card holders need to update any changes to their personal information (i.e. address, phone number, e-mail address). Changes can be made at the participating H Mart Customer Service Center or Marketing department at H Mart Headquarters (201) 507-9900 or email@example.com
- Lost or stolen Smart Savings card can be renewed.
- In order to renew your Smart Savings card, Smart Savings card holders must visit their local H Mart customer service center with a valid photo ID.
Broken or damaged Smart Savings card must be returned before using the renewed card.
- In order to renew your Smart Savings card, Smart Savings card holders must know their previous Smart Savings card number. Please check the Smart Savings card number at the H Mart Customer Service Center.
- If you renew the Smart Savings card, your used balance will be transferred to the new Smart Savings card.
- H Mart is not responsible for any causes which results from the used Smart Savings card after being renewal. The used balance has no legal effect.
- Please discard any used Smart Savings cards if you find any lost or stolen Smart Savings card after being renewal.
- In order to withdraw from the Smart Savings Card program and benefits, an official withdrawal form needs to be submitted to the Customer Service Center.
- Smart Savings Card withdrawals will be effective immediately upon the submission.
- After withdrawal, remaining points will expire automatically and customers are excluded from Smart Savings Card benefits.
Please inform any participating H Mart Customer Service Centers or H Mart headquarters (201) 636-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org of stolen or missing Smart Savings Cards. H Mart is not responsible for any unreported card usage. Smart Savings Cards are void in states where such programs are prohibited by law or any license or permit is required.
Security & Privacy
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone without your permission. Purchases with your H Mart Smart Savings Card will be automatically recorded. Through use of this information, H Mart will be able to better understand our customer’s needs. This will help us better provide the kinds of products and services you want, as well as create offers targeted to specific customer’s needs. Your phone number will be only used for record and to identify you in the case that you forget your H Mart Smart Savings Card. Your E-mail address will only be used to provide you with helpful information and discount coupons. By telling us your date of birth, we will be able to send you a personal birthday card with a special coupon. By identifying your ethnic background, we will be able to expand our product lines to better serve you in the future. We take pride in carrying a wide variety of products to fit any customer’s needs. The H Mart Smart Savings Card was created to give back to our loyal customers for their continuous patronage to H Mart. We hope that you enjoy the benefits of becoming a Smart Savings Card holder. We are always looking forward to better serving you and to provide you with better products and services. Please feel free to contact us with any comments (email@example.com) or visit your local H Mart for more information. Start shopping today and let the points start adding up ($1=1point – tax excluded total purchase)